All that you have is your soul (Tracy Chapman).

Friday 12 May 2006

Intrusions

For one reason or another, this has not been one of the easiest of weeks. School has been quite demanding and the weather, though beautiful, not really the most conducive to teaching.

Next week, the school is having it’s usual observations week, which I’m not particularly looking forward to as I’ve become quite happy to get on with my teaching without having people sticking their noses in and commenting on what I’m doing wrong.

I know it’s not the right attitude to have - observations are useful and do help me become a better teacher...but right now, I’d rather just do the job and teach the kids in my own way. Saying that, I am just over month away from hopefully (successfully) exiting my NQT (newly qualified teacher) status, so I suppose I’d just better grin and bear it…

…albeit through clenched teeth.

No comments: